Friday, January 24, 2014

One small victory in Levaquin Toxicity Awareness

In today's NY Times "Letters to the Editor" section, my letter commenting on the superficial nature of conversations that start with "How Are You"  was printed in all NY Times throughout the nation!  Everyone reading it will be more aware now of the dangers of this toxic drug. The letter is simply:
To The Editor:
             I solved this problem a long time ago.  When asked how I am, I just say "Fine, from my          knees up. The antibiotic Levaquin caused two Achilles' tendon ruptures 15 years ago"  I break through the superficial response expected, and show how to honestly respond by briefly mentioning one real aspect of life in 15 seconds.   Paul Cahan    They added a cartoon figure, by Paul Windle, of a guy standing with his hands on his hips looking down at a figure that is on his back, it's a great image. Hard to describe.  Must be on NY Times website.  It's page A26  Jan. 24, 2014.  Thank you NY Times.  You are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment